Saturday, September 12, 2009

Sat. Sept 12.

Hello. I guess this is where I start to track myself and post what is going on and things I've learned. For the most part I will just name each post with the date, unless something particular happened that day.
I didn't get much sleep last night. Yesterday was a gray, chilly, rainy day, and it took a toll on me. I was in excruciating pain most of the day. Even the medication that I take on as "As Needed" basis for break-through pain didn't help. I did very little yesterday other than start this blog. I was up and down all night from the pain.
I did get a few hours last night, and I woke up this morning feeling horrible again. I had some breakfast, and went back to bed for about an hour. I had to get up at 9AM this morning to get my son up (he was going to help his grandparents today). It took a few hours, but eventually I started to feel a little better, and was able to get my kitchen straightened up. There wasn't much to do. (I finally got through to my family that if they rinse their dishes and put them right in the dishwasher, or on the counter "neatly" if the dishwasher is full, it makes it much easier on me.) I was able to go out and run a short errand (10 minutes), which is rare. I seldom drive anywhere by myself anymore. I either go with my husband, or I let my son drive (he has his learners permit and it gives him the experience). So I would say the morning was a success for me.
I did start to get really tired by noon, so I layed on the couch and watched TV, took my 1 o'clock medications and fell asleep on the couch until about 3 PM. When I woke up, I felt horrible again. Today is a gray, dreary, humid day. Not hot, not chilly, but damp. The humidity really gets to me. It makes me feel very sick. I also sweat profusely. I usually carry a dish towel around to wipe my face and neck off. Regardless of how I was feeling at 5 o'clock, I had to push through it. My father was going to take me to the market, and this is the only time he had available to take me. Thank God that I am now home. The only thing I have to do  now is take a bath (which doesn't take as much out of me as a shower does) and shave my legs (which is difficult to do, the bending and twisting is not easy to do, I am not as flexible as I used to be). Then, all I have to do is relax..... All in all, I would say this was a successful day.
Just to give you an idea of my daily schedule, I've listed my normal routine and medications below.
I get up at 5AM every day. I take my medications religiously. I have to take certain medications at different times of the day and so many hours apart. I have to take Protonix on an empty stomach, at least 1/2 hour before eating, so I take it then. I also take Wellbutrin, and Methadone (for pain) at that time.This also works out well since I have to wake my 17 year old son up at that time for school during the week. I usually go back to bed until 6:30 when I have to get my 11 year old up for school. At that time I eat breakfast with him and take vitamin suppliments. I take a multi-vitamin, Omega 3 fish oil, folic acid, magnesium, B complex and Vitamin D. I have to take the fish oil and the magnesium 3 times a day. I take my next dose of methadone and suppliments at 1 PM, and then at 9 PM I take methadone, Cymbalta (I am tapering off of it), suppliments, and Sinequan (for sleep). The two "as needed" medications I take are Roxycodone (for pain) and Xanax (for anxiety and panic attacks). It's almost a full time job to remember everything I take, and what time I take them. I have a medication case that has the days of the week, and 4 boxes for each day. I seperate my medications and load the box every Saturday night. It makes it much easier. I just have to open the case and take what is in there at the prescribed time.
As I continue to blog, I will not bore you with all the details of what time I took what meds and every little detail of my day. I will just note the weather, how I feel and anything that I had to do that takes energy for me. I will also at times fill you in on some past history, so you can get an idea of what I've been through, and for how long. Also, I will let you know of any information I learn or any web-sites that you might be interested in.
For example, I have a Facebook account, and I love to go on the National Fibromyalgia Associations group site on Facebook. It's a great place to vent, and to find support from others with Fibro who understand what the other is going through. I have also learned alot about suppliments and alternative treatments by reading posts from other people. Of course, after I read about something, I go and research it and then talk to my doctor before implimenting anything into my routine.
Well, I've blabbed enough for now. Very soft hugs to all my Fibro and normal friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment