Sunday, September 27, 2009

Family Get-together.

Hi everyone,
I had a family get-together to go to today that was a "command performance" as my mother would put it. At first I was dreading this day. I was so afraid I was going to be sick or in alot of pain. My mother has a hard time dealing with my illness, and so does some of my family. They feel I am doing this for attention. When I asked my mother how I managed to fake the MRI's that also showed degenerative joint disease, degenerative spinal disease, herniated and bulging discs in my cervical and lumbar spine, and the blood work that found Epstein-Barr, hepatitis-C, lyme's disease, or the sleep studies that showed Sleep Apnea and Restless leg syndrome. All of this, not to mention the fact that she is the one that suggested I see someone about possibly having fibromyalgia, it just started a big fight. This was a few weeks ago. So you can see why I was not looking forward to today. Especially after she called me, and told me I have to come "bouncing" in to my neices house and to be "peppy" and "perky" no matter how I feel, it just put more pressure on me.
It helped to talk to my sister, and we laughed about the possibility of me EVER being "peppy and perky". As a teenager I took dark, and miserable to a new level. These "Goth" kids can't even hold a candle to how miserable I was. Which is why we were laughing. This really helped to make me feel more comfortable about today.
Anyway, I did have a really bad migraine this morning, but I took something early and it went away. The first one this week that actually went away. We went to my neices house, and we sat around the livingroom and talked and laughed. and had a good time. My mother insisted that I had to sit upstairs with her and the other girls of the family, so I missed an awesome Eagles Football game. Apparently my Eagles had a phenominal game. I guess missing the game is a small price to pay to make my mother happy. She was really happy when we were driving home that it was a good day.
I have to thank God for today. I haven't felt good for several days now. And for me to feel good today, of all days. Is a miracle. It just goes to show that God does for us what we can't do for ourselves.
Another thing that was nice about today. My neice made everything that my grandmother used to make. Her homemade "meat pie" with extra sauce on the side to pour over it, and a dish that I can't remember the name, but I love, is Fried onions, with noodle dumplings, and some cheese all fried together until it is slightly browned. Needless to say, nothing was really healthy or good for you, which expains the intense heartburn that I have right  now. Thank God for Maalox!! We also had shrimp and crabdip that my sister made. Oh my God was that good. Then of course the table full of deserts, especially the chocolate pudding pie. I think that is what finally did me in.
All in all, we had a good day. I haven't been able to say that for a while, and it feels good. Oh, I don't want to forget to mention I got to see both of my daughters today as well. I don't get to see them as often as I would like to, so any chance I get to spend with them is a blessing for me.
And, of course I had to hand out AVON brochures to everyone. If I can't count on my family to help me get this started, who can I count on. Right.
I hope you all had a good day, if not I  pray you will have one soon.
Soft Hugs to All.
Laurie D.

No comments:

Post a Comment