Sunday, November 15, 2009

I feel so bad and sad.

Hi everyone,
Or at least those of you who still check my blog. I apologize to the few blog buddies that I have. I try to follow your blogs as often as possible, and I try to comment. Lately, there is so much going on. I know I posted about my hospital visit and the follow up doctors visits. Lately, I am dealing with a more painful casualty of "methadone" the pain medication I was taking.
I knew that it will start to decay your teeth, and putting 2 and 2 together, it just goes to say that it must have an effect on the bones.
My teeth were never good to begin with, my parents put alot of money over the years on dentist and orthodontist for braces and other work. The methadone has just made things much worse. A few days before halloween, I broke 2 teeth (back right molar and a back left molar). One did not bother me at all the other hurt because when it broke a large piece including some root fell out. Since I don't have dental coverage, and we are very short on money, I nursed that one myself. Rinsing my mouth with peroxide and Listerine after brushing me teeth, everytime I ate or drank anything or anytime the pain would start. That one took a few days and it was fine. Last week the one on the left side started to hurt along with the one next to it. I did the same as I did with the right tooth, but it just kept getting worse. When I started to feel pain in my left ear and started to feel sick at the same time, I had to make an emergency dental appointment and figure out how I was going to pay for it later. I have 2 abscessed teeth, all of my teeth have infection in the roots, my gums are infected, and I have a small boil on my gums. Because of the infection and the Methadone, I also have alot of bone loss. My lower jaw has lost enough bone that it is almost down to the mandibular nerve. The dentist showed me the x-rays at how close it is and if it breaks through I will need to have that area of my jaw reconstructed. The upper teeth have done the same with the bones and they are getting close to the sinus cavities, same senario if this breaks through for the bone as well as work on the sinuses. I need to have all of my teeth out, but the doctor wants to try to save a couple lower teeth to use as a clip for the bottom plate to snap onto and hold it in place. This will last for a while, but eventually I will need them out and have the bottom plate worked on. I decided tojust have them all out and be over with it. I don't want any more bone loss, I don't want any more pain. BIG problem. In order to have all the work done, my health insurance will cover a percentage, but the rest I have to pay. Since we have had so many financial problems in the past 4 years, I don't qualify for a payment plan without a co-signer however,  I don't have anyone in the position to help. I don't know what I am going to do. Please if any of you still read my blog, please pray for me.
I also have alot of emotional things going on that have had me crying most of the day. I am going through some issues with one of my daughers that I'm not ready to get into yet. Maybe the next time I post, or tomorrow I will come on to get it off my chest. I can't bring it back up tonite, I can't deal with thinking too much about it right now.
Please pray for me and my family, we really need a miracle.
Soft Hugs to All
Laurie D.

1 comment:

  1. Oh sweet Laurie... I am soooo sad for you! What a difficult thing to endure!!!! :'( I can't believe you have to go through this on top of everything else!

    Please email me at rochellelearning@gmail.com and let's talk more over there.

    :gentle hugs to you:

    ReplyDelete