Monday, October 12, 2009

I have a very bad habit.

I feel like it has been forever since I have been here to blog. I have a very bad habit of putting WAY TOO MUCH on my plate. I can do 1 or 2 things and I am fine. I think, I'm doing OK, no big deal if I try to do this too. OK, a little more energy to spend, but I'm getting through. Before I know it, I have so many things going on at once that I feel out of control.
I have always been a "multi-tasker". My best friend used to tell me to take the big red "S" off my chest. She would remind me that it is OK to ask for help or to admit that I can't do it all, and give something up.
Well, I've done it again. Only this time, I look at what I have going on and it seems like nothing compared to what I used to do. I feel like a baby whining about the small things that are wiping me out.
I have a small pile of forms that have to be filled out for my health insurance, my disability insurance, my sons permit, I have to make an appointment for a CT for my son (I'll explain that in a minute), and a form to fill out to order checks. I was only on my second form this morning, and I was falling asleep while I was writing. My husband kept telling me to go back to bed because I didn't sleep last night. I had to keep reminding him that these forms NEED to be filled out. I was aggravated because he would tell me to go to bed, but do you think he would offer to help me fill out the forms? NO. He is very good with helping me and understanding my pain in some ways, but others I just want to scream at him. I can't get him to help me where I really need help.
Along with taking care of all the family forms, doctors appointments, calling in prescriptions, cleaning the kitchen and living room, folding the towels (I hate the way my husband folds towels), I also want to blog as often as possible, and I recently started an Avon business because we are really stretching our money thin.
I finally gave in to my body, and went to sleep. This morning, I cleaned the kitchen and livingroom before I started the paper work. When I woke up, my house looked like a Texas Trailer Park after a Tornado. I was so upset at the mess that was made, and it was only my husband and my youngest son at home when I got up. How can 2 people make such a mess in so short a time? My kitchen is a mess, and my husband is on a clear liquid diet today (he is having a colonoscopy tomorrow). How can you make a mess when all you need to do is dirty 2 cups, 1 for your drink, and 1 for your broth. Maybe a bowl for jello. I don't get it. I also had to get his prep ready, and stay on top of him because he wasn't paying attention or following the directions for his prep. I don't need this. I have been in alot of pain with the change in the weather. The cold has been really causing me to have a great deal of pain in my joints and my muscles in general. This stress isn't helping. I think I just need to get rid of the husband and I might be able to multi-task again. LOL.
God Bless you All
Soft Hugs to All
Laurie D.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you need to go on strike! Head to bed and let them handle everything. I know, thats easier said than done. That is why my house is always a wreck. I gave up a long time ago. The cold is really getting to me too. My joints freeze up and my muscles ache when I get cold. But then again, my joints freeze up and my muscles ache when Im warm too. LOL....it is a never ending battle, isnt it?

    ReplyDelete